BASF to focus on customersí success at the 2014 American Coatings Conference and Show
CHARLOTTE, NC, April 4, 2014 Visitors to the 2014 American Coatings Conference and Show in Atlanta, Georgia can explore how BASF chemistry can enhance formulations in the coatings industry. BASF will showcase its technologies and product offerings in three main areas: architectural coatings and furniture & flooring, industrial and agricultural and construction equipment (ACE) coatings and automotive coatings. These offerings help customers learn how BASF’s broad portfolio delivers sustainable solutions across the coatings market. The showcase is being enhanced through digital media and product examples that customers can see and touch.
"Our focus at the American Coatings Show is not on individual products, but rather BASF’s ability to deliver versatile, customized solutions to coatings formulators, based on their needs,” said Derek Fairclough, Senior Vice President, Dispersions & Pigments, for BASF in North America. “Our application know-how and our broad portfolio can help our customers to be more successful.”
BASF is highlighting the theme of “Synthesizing our Customers' Success” at the Georgia World Congress Center, April 7 to 11, Hall C3A, Booth 1505.
"This theme acknowledges that BASF values relationships with our customers and wants to work with them to help them be more successful. Our capabilities among our employees, products and technology that support the coatings industry are broad and diverse. By actively creating solutions together, coatings formulators can leverage the entire portfolio offering available at BASF,” continued Fairclough.
BASF offers the coatings industry a broad portfolio of resins, binders, latex polymers, pigments and effect pigments, colorants, specialty formulation and performance additives and minerals, and systems to meet specific applications and customer needs.
Customers can discuss BASF’s sustainable solution technologies with expert formulators to achieve their requirements for improved environmental performance while addressing needs for:
- zero and low-volatile organic compound (VOC) formulations,
- low energy curing, replacement of heavy metal pigments, and,
- latex with minimal environmental impact.
BASF’s team of experts will be available throughout the show to discuss how the company can apply expertise in chemistry, applications and formulations to help customers accomplish their objectives. BASF will conduct brief 15-minute presentations in the booth on April 8-9 on topics ranging from heat management pigments, concrete sealants, mica pigments and light stabilization technologies.
BASF will also present the following papers and a poster during the pre-conference tutorial sessions and the main technical presentations sections:
- Joost Leswin, “Shining a Light on TiO2 Utilization” during the Pigments session on April 7 at 2:30 p.m.
Vincent Goldman, “Application of High Throughput Screening for a Clear Concrete Sealer Formula” during the Measuring & Testing session on April 7 at 4:30 p.m.
- Kaliappa Ragunathan, “Self Coalescing Latex Particles with Good Coatings Properties” during the poster session of the ACS Conference Reception on April 7 at 5:30 p.m.
Wlliam Rosano, “High Throughput Study of Color Development in Decorative Paints” during the Architectural Coatings I session on April 8 at 11:00 a.m.
- Mary Thomson, “New Additives – Better Surface Effects with Fewer and Shorter Fluro-Chains” during the Novel Materials session on April 8 at 11:00 a.m.
David Przybyla, “Forgotten Formulation Attributes to Defoaming Test Methods” during the Architectural Coatings II session on April 8 at 5:00 p.m.
The full presentation list including dates, time, topic and presenter from BASF is located online at www.basf.com/dpsolutions
BASF is also sponsoring a cocktail reception for customers in booth 1505 on Wednesday, April 9th from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. to give customers the opportunity to interact with colleagues from multiple BASF businesses who directly serve the coatings industry and supports BASF’s “one company approach” to the coatings industry.
In addition, BASF will launch or highlight the following products during the show and share with customers and visitors how these new technologies can improve their coating formulations:
Mattex PRO is a patent pending, engineered, high performance kaolin-based product designed for use in flat architectural paints. It is uniquely structured to provide high scrub resistance properties and low sheen while maintaining excellent hide. Low sheen and gloss make Mattex PRO ideal for paints that require excellent touch-up properties without the use of flatting agents. Mattex PRO provides formulating flexibility that can replace a combination of calcined kaolin, other extenders and flatting agents while improving scrubs up to 30% and maintaining optical properties.
- Acronal PLUS® 4670 is zero-VOC capable,100% acrylic latex which delivers superior TiO2 efficiency. It demonstrates superior hiding, tint strength, outstanding blister resistance, and scrub resistance.
- Acronal PLUS® 4800 is a styrene-acrylic latex capable of < 50g/L VOC. This economical alternative to straight acrylics does not sacrifice performance, demonstrating high TiO2 efficiency, outstanding block resistance, and excellent wet adhesion.
- Acronal PLUS® 4235 is an <50 VOC g/L capable, 100% acrylic latex which delivers exceptional weathering performance. This latex allows formulators to comply with environmental regulations without sacrificing performance.
- Joncryl® 2982 is a concrete sealer and paint in one. Capable of formulation at 50g/L VOC, it demonstrates outstanding adhesion and can be applied directly to concrete.
- Joncryl® 2981 is a self-crosslinking dispersion especially suited for performance on wood applications such as kitchen cabinetry and furniture. Differentiated in the market for excellent warmth ofwood and clarity, it offers outstandingweatherability, chemical resistance andhas the ability to disperse titanium dioxide.
- Laromer® UA 9064 is a water-based urethane acrylate dispersion with very good chemical and scratch resistance that is fast drying, shows very little yellowing for luxury vinyl tile and laminate substrates and wood furniture and flooring applications.
- Laromer®UA 9095 is a water-based urethane acrylate dispersion with high grainenhancement and good chemical resistance. The product also shows low yellowing and fast drying for furniture and cabinet applications.
Acronal, Mattex, Joncryl, Laromerare a registered trademarks of BASF Group.
About The Dispersions &Pigments Division
The Dispersions & Pigments Division in North America offers a comprehensive portfolio of resins, binders, latex, pigments and effect pigments, colorants, and systems to meet specific application needs for the coatings, construction, and printing and packaging markets. Our innovative products also help manufacturers in the adhesives, nonwovens and fiber bonding industries meet functional and performance demands. The addition of key product areas such as formulation additives, rheology modifiers, light stabilizers, photoinitiators, and antioxidants significantly enhances the existingBASF product portfolio for these markets. For more information about BASF’s Dispersions & Pigments Division, visit www.basf.us/dpsolutions.
BASF - The Chemical Company
BASF Corporation, headquartered in Florham Park, New Jersey, is the North American affiliate of BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, Germany. BASF has nearly 17,000 employees in North America, and had sales of $19.3 billion in 2013. For more information about BASF’s North American operations, visit www.basf.us.
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company: The Chemical Company. Its portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. Wecombine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future. BASF had sales of about €74 billion in 2013 and over 112,000 employees as of the end of the year. Further information on BASF is available on the Internet at www.basf.com.
Categories: Press Releases
April 08, 2014
March 06, 2014
January 13, 2014
November 01, 2013
November 01, 2013
October 22, 2013
In honor of National Chemistry Week (October 21-25, 2013) local celebrity and WCNC meteorologist Larry Sprinkle visited BASF's Charlotte Technical Center to learn about the important role that chemistry plays in our daily lives.
October 17, 2013
BASF will introduce new chemistries for the coatings industry at the 2013 Western Coatings Symposium and Show (WCS), October 20-23, in Las Vegas, Nevada. BASF will share solutions for architectural and decorative coatings, as well as for transportation and industrial coatings manufacturers.
August 13, 2013
July 15, 2013
June 04, 2013
BASF Corporation launched a new Kaolin website, www.kaolin.basf.com. The new website introduces a platform that Kaolin customers, channel partners, colleagues and others can use to access important product and application information at their convenience.